Event Sales Officer
Our organization is seeking an outgoing, motivated Event Sales officer to fill our venue calendar. In this role, your primary tasks will involve connecting with potential clients and negotiating their contracts. You will also complete paperwork for the booking that outlines their needs as well as our staffing needs, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable with vendor management and event planning. This is a performance-based sales position that gives you the opportunity to capitalize on your own success.
- Direct sales by telephone and email to new and existing clients.
- Selling exhibition stand space at the annual shows
- Tailoring sponsorship packages to meet specific client objectives, where possible
- Develop a thorough understanding of visitor and exhibitor needs.
- Establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Emphasis on retention and long term relationships
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement, including effective implementation of the sales CRM system.
- Building a thorough knowledge of the cultural sector and identifying interesting opportunities through conversations with your clients. Working closely with your colleagues to share intelligence and opportunities.
- Continuously bringing on new clients, actively generating new business and developing profitable relationships with new and existing clients.
- Develop profitable relationships with clients and potential clients by means of telephone and email as well as face-to-face at key sector events.
- Sending out emails detailing opportunities as well as pitching these by telephone
- Monitoring and analysing competitive media for business leads
- Establish and implement an on-site re-booking strategy to ensure maximum number of exhibitors re-book for the following year.
- Continually liaise with the operations department with respect to floor plans and client requirements.
- Assist and provide support to the operations team onsite.
- Actively supporting your colleagues in sales, marketing and event operations
- General client administration – updating database, creating and emailing contracts general email communications with clients.
- Ensure client profiles are set-up on the Show website and collect information for publication in the official Show Guide
- Ensure that clients pay in line with the terms and conditions of the sales contract
- Being a brand ambassador at all times